The ACE Major Museum Partners in the West Midlands, Birmingham Museums Trust and Ironbridge Gorge Museums, have announced how they are working together to support the regional sector.
The two museums will be working closer together to offer support for museums in the West Midlands. This support includes:
- Extension of the World Class Volunteering project, being led by Ironbridge
- Opportunity for museums in the West Midlands to borrrow objects from Birmingham Museums Trust under a regional loans programme.
- Birmingham Museums Trust is also working in partnership with the Marches Network to deliver the Museums on the Move programme: a mobile museum exhibition, and the regional loans programme.
- Ironbridge will be supporting industrial heritage sites and museums to become more resilient.
- The partners will be helping to develop a new regional partnership called Develop Skills – Creating the Future Forum which will share skills across the region. This partnership also includes the Herbert Art Gallery and Museum and the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust.
More detail and information about the partnerships will be announced at the West Midlands Policy Forum Open Meeting on the 16th October 2012.