The West Midlands Museum Development Officers have just been notified of some great sessions that are taking place in January 2013.
Museums and Security, 7th January, 2013, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
The Collections Trust will be holding a workshop examining the issues around security in museums. The workshop aims are:
- Increase awareness of museum security as a core element of good Collections Management practice
- Improve capacity and expertise in basic museum security and housekeeping
- Enhance awareness of the Arts Council’s support through the National Security Advisor
- Improve the use of existing published material on the subject
- Establish an online repository of expertise and examples of good practice
The workshop will also be particularly useful for museums who are currently preparing their Accreditation application. Full programme and on-line booking information to be released shortly.
Maximising Your Museum’s Potential – AIM Sustainability Workshop, 23rd January, 2013, Birmingham
Just a quick note to give you advance notice of an Esmeé Fairbairn Foundation funded Sustainability Workshops that AIM are organising at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery on Wednesday 23rd January 2012. The workshop is FREE and will look at how museum’s can increase their income. Booking details to be released shortly. Draft programme